Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Take Care of the Children.

It has been awhile since I had a decent thought.


Listening to my iPOD the other day I was surprised by an old Simon and Garfunkle song: Garfunkel sang: " I would rather be a forest than a street". I started thinking about this phrase and the song. Are we tied to the earth or are we tied more to each other? Would I destroy a tree to keep my family warm during a cold winter night? It goes without saying.
Save mother earth or save my fellow man. I choose the latter. For with our creative and collective intelligence we can surely find the solutions to our problems. We just have to have that desire to help and make things better.

Years ago when I was single and wanted to become a hermit, I would have felt the other way. But since now I have kids I see the miracle in the lives of humans.

Funny how the situations in our lives dictate how we feel.

1 comment:

KayMac said...

Wow, I am impressed...that is alot coming from that little phrase.

I, like you, have had my younger-day ideals challanged by the reality of human life. There is this desire to break free from the mundane and rise above the every day. But there is absolutely NOTHING I would trade for the every day moments, small yet huge, like kissing my daughter on the forhead before I leave for work. This is the stuff that drives my life.