Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Thoughts for a Saturday Night.

I can't swim...very well. I watched the news today about disabled vets learning to water ski (among other things). I just don't like the water.

I can’t read anymore…too much going on. My concentration is shot. I have a household full of books. Tonight on the news was a story about books. They are obsolete. The new method is the "kindle", among others. I should feel good, I can't read (mostly don't have much time) and books are going obsolete. I won't be missing something.

I don't do much around the house anymore. Just not important and I am too tired. Truthfully, I never learned how. I never really liked it, anyway.

I am a poet...in a world where no one reads poetry anymore. What is a person to do? Just keep plugging on I guess.

D.

A little poem for today:

I smiled as you went by,
our hands gently touched.
I let out an audible sigh,
I know, it wasn't much.

D. Normand.

No comments: