Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elections 2010, automated Phone solicitations

4:46 PM PST, El Cajon, CA, San Diego County:

Tonight, while fixing dinner, I received a telephone call. I am expecting an important phone call concerning a job. I answered. I don't recall the exact words but I do remember the name. Brad Williams. Republican running for state senate. Wow. I hadn't heard of him. Then they said he was endorsed by the Boston Globe. Cool. But why would a candidate for state senate in California be endorsed by the Boston Globe. Then the announcer said "Brad Williams, candidate for state senate, Massachusetts. Really?

Geesh. I am being bombarded. The daily mail brought a whole tree of campaign literature. Vote for this, vote for that. Vote for me, vote for them. Ok. I love our electoral system, but geesh, can't you get the phone number right.

Mr. Williams, I wish you well.

No comments: