Friday, December 30, 2011

Nation of Immigrants

At a mall on a Saturday during the past month, the store greeter, a small Filipina, greets me as I walk to the American hamburger stand inside. While waiting in line with a group of African-American ladies, for a cup of Ethiopian coffee served by a latino, I noticed a Chinese lady sitting and reading her Chinese language newspaper. Sipping that said coffee in the mall listening to a Chaldean family, whose children were sporting the latest southern California T-shirts, shorts, sandals beach wear.  Later,  while out in the parking lot we walk amongst the imported Japanese and German cars parked there.

America, this nation of immigrants, must again become strong and remain that way. Let the free market survive.

1 comment:

Cosmo said...

Can I add an Anglo-Irish element to this post?

It seems fitting that I return to your blog as you are pondering over a cup of coffee!

So I'm giving my blog a go again (again). Thanks for the prod!

Hope 2012 is a really great year for you.