Friday, November 29, 2013

A Significant Buzzing

This afternoon, a stillness hummed over our neighborhood.  A gray autumn day.  A quiet day, the day after Thanksgiving.  Sometime after a lunch of leftover turkey, I was sitting in my very comfortable chair, enjoying the quiet, tryptophan induced restfulness.  My wife decided it was a good time for a walk.  She stepped out onto the porch, quietly stepped back inside the house and mentioned that she didn't know where the bees were but they sure were noisy.  

On occasion, we have heard these bees in our trees in our front yard.  I have not seen a hive anywhere in the vicinity but we sure have heard them.  They show up periodically. It is the strangest thing.  We can hear the bees and we can see them.  But I don't know where they live.  Can't find the hive. 

I have some pictures.  I will post them later. 
D.








No comments: