Monday, June 29, 2015

Health, Jobs and New Horizons

Wow, what a weekend! Well, I guess it started two weeks ago.  So, what a month!!

As we get older our friends and family gets older, too.  For the most part, and if we are lucky.  My family is no different.  News hit us the last few weeks that some family members are facing terrible medical illnesses and setbacks.  Such is life, I guess.  Doesn't make it any easier.  Makes you listen to all the healthy living advice that seems so prevalent these days.  Life is a precious gift; one worth fighting for.  And so, we do.  My family is fighting right now. 

Last week, for instance, my 85 year old dad, had some labwork done.  The very next day he was in the emergency room and spent the entire weekend in the hospital.  Luckily, this past week my two sisters and I had reinforcements from out of town as one of my other sisters was in town visiting.  Oh well.  Such is life, I guess.  We managed and I hope they managed to have some fun while they were on vacation.   Dad is home, back to his routine and doing as well as can be expected. 

And again, what a month.  Last Thursday my boss pulls me into a conference room and tells me that,
"The corporate office has decided to make a change. Sorry Dave. Today is your last day. Clean out your desk and go."  Ten minutes later I was unceremoniously walked to the door.  "Give me your badge". Ha Ha. Oh well, better things are a-coming.  Good riddance to a management who won't listen. 

And so, this week I start afresh.  New beginnings.  I see great prospects on the horizon.  So many  friends have come forward with offers of help and advice.  It sure warms your heart.  Such is life.  We are what we build and nurture.  I have many friends.  I am grateful for that.  And because of that my future is brighter than it was even a week ago. 

No comments: