Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Walk on the Punny Side


Several years ago I worked in an office where everyone at break time would take walks in the parking lot.  It helps keep the blood flowing through the day.  One day my friend and I were walking.  About one hundred yards away I saw his car parked under a tree.  I asked him if he left his window down.  He said he didn't think so but he'd better check.  Break was just about over so as he went to check I went back to my desk.  Several minutes later, my friend came back to the office.

"Did you leave the window down?" I asked.


"No, it just looked down," he replied.


"Well, I hope you did something to cheer it up."


"Yes, I juggled some balls and told some jokes."


"Oh, a real 'glass' act," I said.


"Hey, that's funny.  You can go to a comedy club and 'win dough'," he countered.


"Naw, they'd see right through it," I replied.

No comments: