Tuesday, March 8, 2022

 File clean-up:

Memories.

Sitting at the computer looking for something new to write about.  Looking for something to get the creative juices flowing.  I found this gem from about 28 years ago.  I think my son was about 4 years old.  

My wife and I were both working and to help our daycare situation we worked staggered hours.  I went to work early and picked up the kids in the afternoon while my wife works late.  I usually had dinner ready when she got home from work and we then sat down for a family meal.   

One particular Friday evening, my wife and I and the kids were watching TV when we thought that popcorn would be a good idea.  My wife went into the kitchen and pulled out the air popper from the cupboard.  She was plugging it in and adding the popcorn when my three-year-old son pulled up a chair to watch.   My son was so amazed, that he had to remark, "Gee, Mom, I didn't know you could cook."

 Ah, from the mouths of babes.  My wife is a great cook.  It just worked out that at that time in our life I took on those duties. 

Our son is an amazing kid.  He was a happy, smiling kid.  His nickname on one team was "Smiley".  



No comments: