Sunday, February 22, 2009

Anne Hathaway

I was watching the Oscar's tonight and I was really excited that Anne Hathaway was on the show. I remember watching her in "the Princess Diaries" with my daughter when she was younger. I think my daughter watched it several times. So I knew who Anne was. And then of course, lately she has become a very accomplished actress.

But, Anne and I shared a moment several years ago. I believe it was Spring of 2005 in Chicago's O'Hare airport. I was in Chicago on a business trip. I was on my way home walking down the terminal to the gate for my flight. I was watching the arrivals as people were walking towards me on the other side of the terminal. I 'm a girl watcher. And there was one particular woman marching up the terminal towards me as I was walking towards her. I glanced at her and I realized how beautiful she was. I am still a very shy person and do not always make eye contact. But when this lady came close I had to do a double take. I recognized her. It was Anne Hathaway. As I did the double take I noticed that Anne had a great smile on her face. I think she was happy to be noticed.

I relayed this story to my wife when I arrived home but she still doesn't believe me. It's ok. Anne and I know.

D.

Note: Anne Hathaway was introduced in the best actress category by another favorite actress of mine. I fell in love with Shirley MacLaine when I first saw her in “The Apartment” with Jack Lemmon. I had a great crush on her at that time. I guess I saw that movie the first time when I was a teen ager. Indeed, my first girlfriend had a remarkable resemblance to Ms. Kubelik.

No comments: