Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mediterranean Marinated Shrimp

I stumbled across a blog from my local area. (http://culinarynerd.blogspot.com/) I found it on Sunday when I had a whelming craving for donuts. I passed. I need to watch my weight. I had cereal instead. Maybe next week.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I used to be a chef. I worked in restaurants for 14 years, on and off. I started at a diner and worked up to a saucier at a four star hotel/restaurant in Lake Tahoe. I had a great time working in restaurants. I love cooking. I am not the greatest chef, never was, never wanted to be, but I know my way around the kitchen. I gave it up when my kids came along. I wanted to be there when they came home from school. Sometimes I miss it. But I love the web. There are so many cooking sites.

But I found this recipe in my computer files. Try it and enjoy:

Shrimp appetizer marinated with oregano and basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar and thinly sliced onions (red or yellow).

Serve with lettuce and remoulade sauce:
(1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 medium shallot, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 anchovy, mashed
2 teaspoons drained, minced capers
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Ground white pepper or black pepper.)

Have a great meal.

D.

1 comment:

Meandering Eats said...

Bravo to your willpower, David! I'm glad that Mary's Donuts is in Santee, far from where I live in North Park. The shrimp recipe looks fabulous... I love how anchovies always add a little "oomph" to recipes.