Monday, April 16, 2012

Years

Years, again come knocking


(August 23, 2006)

In my summer days when traffic cops appear,
I, too, need some pointing as winter soon draws near.
Of simple days I dream; of some days’ end I fear,
As the coldest moon does rise, at the closing of my year.

Life, at last, conquers fear on tales of Autumn sheddings,
As Christmastime draws near, unrewarded lives are dreading.
Another task awaits this soul, ill-defined and treading,
But life’s not done, till farms are sold for bedding.

Yielding pleasure chosen or pain deserved, Eternity awaits.
Be wise and choose your path, leave not your end to fates.
But what of toil has bought you, but what if love berates?
The purest soul will rise and regret cannot exterminate.

David R. Normand
Copyright C 2006

A Metaphor of Life.  I guess I have been feeling this way for quite a while. 

No comments: