Sunday, August 10, 2014

Friendship

My friend, Bob, died a year and a half ago, February 26, 2013.  I miss him.  I found a note on my desk tonight.  Something I wrote on the anniversary of his death.  I want to capture it here and get that scrap of paper off my desk.  I am trying to clean things up.  It is not working.  Oh well, baby steps.  Here it is:

It has been a year now.  As if each 365 day block creates a milestone of loneliness.  As if each man made entity serves as some sort of remembrance.  But the truth is, each little day, each little moment, minute, hour, I have missed you.  You were my friend.  I enjoyed every conversation, every thought, every plan, every joke.  You were my friend.  That word carries with it its own meaning.  I had known you for 34 years.  Outside of family you were the longest relationship of my life.  I am glad we stayed in touch.  I wish we could have talked more.  Thank you for being a friend.

So, there you have it. Just a few thoughts.  A short remembrance.  This is for you Bob.

May you rest in peace.
D.

No comments: