Monday, April 20, 2009

A Children's Song

I saw a bug crawl in the grass,
What a life to lead!
No one to follow nor to pass,
'tis no life of greed.

The green grass grows all around;
he is not dismayed.
He needs no colors, just the ground;
Life as such displayed.

Oh, to live like the bug I spied.
What a life 'twould be!
No one to scream "he lied".
No one to please but me.

By David R. Normand
Copyright 2005

Note: I wrote this several years ago when current events had deteriorated to unbelievable lows. I am dredging it up again because I want to tune it all out. It really never was a children's song. Maybe I was lamenting the fact that we do disagree. "Why can't we all just get along."

It is a shame that to disagree with some in this country is fast becoming an invitation to surveillance and distrust. I think Hillary once decreed that "we have a right to disagree". But I am afraid she only meant Democrats. I think the Homeland Security Department made that clear.

I still believe in the rights of the individual. I believe in Freedom and the constitution. I believe in the right of free speech and the right to assemble as free citizens.

No comments: