Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Glorious Day

Have you ever woken up on any ordinary day and felt more than ordinary?  Today started like any other day. I slept well.  I had a decent breakfast and coffee.  Got the wife and boy (er, young man) off to school, settled down to my coffee, breakfast and newspaper (really, articles from internet news sites) and I was ready to meet the day. 

About mid morning I started looking for a snack and going through the fridge.  I could see nothing in there for dinner.  I might have to go to the store.  It is amazing that a small decision can turn into a glorious revelation.  I decided that I would need to go to the store. 

After my shower I stepped onto the front porch.  What a beautiful and glorious day.  I think I will walk.  Not a cloud in the sky, the temperature was about 70ºF, I could see the birds dancing on my lawn.  I walked to the store.  Not a bad walk.  No traffic. No noise other than the birds and babies crying in houses along the way.  Babies crying meant that my neighbors had their windows open on this beautiful autumn day in southern California.  Very nice walk indeed. 

At the store I bought fresh vegetables, garlic and ginger.  How about stir fry for dinner? I carried my reusable canvas shopping bag with me.  The one with the shoulder strap, like a bindle sack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindle).  An easy way to carry groceries home. 

On my way home I decided to walk by the Presbyterian church.  And it just so happens that it is 12 o'clock.  The church bells started to ring as if to remind me to Whom this day belongs.  They also reminded me of my wife.  She loves our neighborhood, in part because of these bells.  Talking to her on this beautiful, glorious day reminds me why I married her.  She is the one with whom I want to share this moment.  And thanks to our modern cell phone technology I did.  It was great hearing her voice.  She lifts my spirit. 

I am having a good day.  I will soon be employed.  I love my wife.   I have two bright, beautiful children growing into responsible adults.  I have a good life. 

I hope that your day is going well.  If it isn't, I hope that it gets better.  Have a great day. 

Lastly, I would like to share the last line from my horoscope today.  The first four lines were very negative and not indicative of my mood.  But the last..."Fortunately, you'll have some very valuable help; the heavens are feeling quite harmonious."  No kidding!   I already knew that. 

D. 

No comments: