Thursday, July 20, 2017

Week 6, Day 4.

I set my alarm to wake this morning shortly after my wife left for work.  Busy day ahead. I had lots of plans. (No, not really.) But I kept hitting the snooze.  And I fell back into some deep rem sleep.  Must have needed it. Or maybe just wanted it.  At any rate, got out of bed and hit the computer.  So there you have it.  No motivation, no inspiration. 

And in the middle of writing this little ponder, I went downstairs to have some breakfast.  I had an old coffee cake recipe of my mom's.  Decided to make some comfort food.  And coffee.

During breakfast, I was watching inspirational videos on my phone.  (Who doesn't do that?  Be honest!) There are so many.   One popped up of that deaf singer on AGT, Mandy Harvey, (Mandy Harvey).  "It's not the dream I always had, but it's okay.  I showed up."  There you go.  If she can overcome her challenges, I can certainly rise out of my little funk.  There.  Done.

Just look around your great beautiful world.  There is inspiration everywhere. I look to my own family.  My brother's widow and her kids.  They are embracing life, in all its sadness, to find the joy and inspirations that keep them going.  The love of family, the joy of new life and new experiences.

I look to my cousin fighting cancer.  I see him looking at new ways to regain his strength.  I see so many family members struggling through life.  I see their struggles and I look at mine.

What do I have to complain about?  I have my health (reasonably so).  I have a loving wife. I have two beautiful kids who make me proud everyday.  I have money saved and a great many places to go and dreams to dream.  And I am doing okay with my prospects. Something will turn up, I am sure. Keep the optimism in your  life.  Hope springs eternal.  The future is a matter of the choices you make today.  Make the right ones and your future will take care of itself.   Good luck everyone.


No comments: