Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Discussions

When I started this Blog I had all kinds of grand dreams. I thought that I would write thought provoking little essays here that would really provoke a lot of discussion on the life we lead. I have received some great comments and found links to some interesting people, but I am still waiting for those deep philosophical and intellectual follow-on discussions. Heck, I have only been at this a week now. But still, all of my friends who have checked out the site, AND all of my new friends, drop me an e-mail if you don't want to comment here. I would love to hear from you. Especially now that my team was so ungloriously eliminated from the baseball playoffs, I have plenty of time for long discussions. So, whenever you are ready, whatever you want to talk about.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

KayMac said...

What is the meaning of life?

David said...

Hi. I am still trying to figure this out - both life and this blog site. They are both a work in progress.

As for life, I believe it has a different meaning for each of us. What I need, what I love, what it means to me is entirely different than what I am sure it means to you. But that only makes it different, not good or bad.

I truly believe that life means to me a constant struggle between good and bad. I try to be good.

As for this blog, I guess I should just comment to this comment and see what that does. I will go from there. Thanks.

KayMac said...

LOL, I am with you on this...trying to figure out life AND blogging!

Agree, we all bring different things, experiences, perspectives, beliefs, expectations to the table, and what an ambiguous question...but figured I would ask anyway!

I also agree that life seems to bring a constant struggle between good and bad. Wish it were easier at times. I think most people try to be good. I think most people are trying to not only "get along", but to make a difference in the world, to be a part of something bigger and beyond themselves. I like the creativity and imagination and bravery and purpose and questioning and exploration that even the most seemingly ordinary person possesses. Humans are amazing creatures.

For me, I link all this together...life, purpose, needs, good and bad...to my faith.

David said...

Wow. We agree on a lot of things. "to make a difference" in the world, to leave it a better place than it was, go beyond yourself, yes, I agree. Grow and become better. I like that.

Thank you.
David