Wednesday, October 17, 2007

responsibility

Haven’t written much lately. I have been too tired. I started this blog about a month ago and I mentioned that I had some minor health problems that I am dealing with. Well, those health problems this past week landed me in the hospital for a minor five days. I was on an IV for three of those days. Unfortunately, I was on pain killing drugs so it was not a real great time for "pondering". I reached no great conclusions from this tremendous opportunity of introspection. The great revelation that came from this stay in the hospital was the knowledge that I need to take better control of my health. When this whole thing is over, I will have missed about 7 days of work, caused my family unbelievable amounts of pain and fear and I have nothing to show for it.
I can say that I have the knowledge that I have to do a better job of taking care of my health. I have too many reasons to live and too many people depend on me. And I can’t go around scaring them like this. I take full responsibility.

2 comments:

studio lolo said...

I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital. I landed in the hospital a few months back as well, and like you, I realized it's my responsibility to make some serious changes. That's what's so good about wake-up calls. We can't talk about change though, we have to be the change we want to see.
I wish you all the best.

KayMac said...

Yikes! Hope all is well. I don't say this lightly, but I will be praying for your health.