Monday, February 9, 2009

16 Concerts

I know I haven't posted for a while. I haven't been in the mood to write. There has been a lot going on and I just haven't felt up to it. Please forgive me. Life and work have been distracting. I will try to get back into it soon. I just haven't felt like writing lately.

I guess, as pondering goes, there have been more important happenings than my simple thoughts. I am still trying to get caught up on the paper work of switching jobs. What a mess. I encourage people to stay in their current positions. I wonder if it is worth the trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love my new job. I love the challenges but there is a lot to learn and I like to get things done. I am still waiting to come "up to speed". I will get there I am sure. I am just impatient.

I think one of the main reasons that I haven't written much is that I look at my own life and wonder why would anyone be interested. What significance do I offer? AS you may remember my nephew died last month at the age of 31. I am learning more about him in death than I ever knew in life. I married into the family and did not live in town for a lot of his growing up. I did not know him very well. Over the last year or two we would get together occasionally to play poker but he was still aloof around me. But I am becoming more aware of the type of individual he was.
For instance, my wife informed me tonight that JJ was a local music scene aficionado. He loved his music. He loved the local bands. My wife told me that the local music scene in the past month has held 16 separate concerts as tributes to JJ. These were his friends. They all felt the need and desire to say good bye in their own special way. What an amazing tribute. I am honored and proud to say that I was his uncle. We all miss him very much.

D.

No comments: