Monday, February 16, 2009

A Whale of a Story

At a time when the state of California is on the verge of bankruptcy and doesn't have a budget, and the city of Sandy Eggo is also strapped for cash. Some fishermen find a whale carcass floating 2 miles offshore. The whale, a species that lives and dies in the ocean, was dragged to the shore to prevent it from washing up on shore. From there it was loaded by the Parks and Recreation Department onto trucks and carried to a landfill to be buried.

I want to publicize this stupidity. Why couldn't they drag it further out into the ocean so that the current would wash it out to sea? Would this have been so much more expensive. Don't whales normally die in the ocean. Or is the govt. secretly burying all the dead whales in our fast filling land fills? Lots of stupid stuff here.

What about the poor archeaologist in the future who has determined where Sandy Eggo lies in the strata that he is digging through? How will he explain the whale bones found among the analog tv's? I feel real sorry for our progeny.

Just some silly stuff happening in the San Diego, CA. area. Thankfully, I didn't smell this whale stench. I just smell the stench of big government.

Follow the story here:
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/15/bn15whale-moved/?zIndex=53517
Be sure and read the comments at the end.
Have a great day.
D.

3 comments:

Cosmo said...

Funny story. Thanks for picking up on it. I particularly like the idea of confussing future archeologists. It makes me want to go out and bury something odd in an obscure place. :-)

David said...

yeah, I think about that a lot but, you know, we buy things from all over the world. I think future archeologists will have a tough time of it. We have contaminated the laboratory.

Hey, I enjoyed your coffee video. I see a commercial in your future.

David

Cosmo said...

Yes, one of those late night infomercials on one of those cable channels that no one admits they watch - brilliant!