Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cell Phone in traffic.

Tonight I decided to celebrate the "almost end of Spring Break" with my daughter by taking the family out to dinner. My wife and I chose a nice seafood restaurant downtown that we had been wanting to take the kids. This meant driving the southern California freeways at rush hour. Our town is such that we would, luckily, be driving against traffic.

We left our house for the 20 minute drive to the restaurant. On the way there we were on the freeway. My kids created a new game. Catch the Cell Phoners and Texters. On the way to the restaurant, 15 minutes they spotted three individuals on their cell phones. I believe one was texting. This in a state where using a cell phone while driving is a moving violation. We were shocked.

On the way home, it was dark. We were on the freeway driving home and spotted 11 different drivers using cell phones. It is interesing. I guess they were all late for dinner.

Be careful out there.

D.

No comments: