Thursday, April 15, 2010

other ideas

We have this house. It needs work. I still have yet to paint the family room, or trim the door, or install the floor boards. There are always more pressing things to be done. I would rather spend time with my wife, share moments with her than show my incompetence with a hammer. I would rather spend time with my family than make mistakes at handyman projects around the house.

The yard is full of weeds. The garden has not been planted. The trash in the yard not carried to the dump. I am not a very good carpenter, gardener, painter or handyman. I am lazy.

And yet, the heater works, the roof doesn't leak and the doors remain locked. My family is safe, well fed and, I hope, happy.

There are more important things in life than a green lawn or a showcased house. I cherish the quality time I can spend with my family.

Or maybe it is just a lazy man's rationalizations.

D.

No comments: