Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Journey Begins

Tomorrow I quit my job of 11 years. It is quite a leap to begin a move like this in today's economy. I know I am leaving a lot of friends behind to finish the jobs that I started, but that is the nature of my business. There is always something to be done. Can't finish it all at once. What else would I do? But I do know that I will miss my friends. But real friends will keep in touch. I am sure of that.

I am leaving with bittersweet feelings. I know the time has come to move on. I was unhappy there. I like to see things finalized. I like to get things done. More and more the work I was doing was met with greater priorities and I was not allowed to complete my tasks. It was frustrating and disappointing. Indeed, it cut straight to my core. There is a great hurt in leaving my job the way I leave it. But I know that some of the tasks I leave behind are very close to being complete.
I think this job taught me something. I shall plan better next time. I will not try to do too much. And I shall try to listen to my co-workers when they tell me to get lost.

I am on a journey of self discovery. Isn't that what life is all about? I am seeking fulfillment and respect. The next phase of my journey is about to begin. Life is full of changes. Nothing lasts forever. There are many changes coming. I just hope I haven't lost too much in the process. There are some things more precious than others. As I move on to another position, another company, I just hope that I have learned something about myself and how others see me. I am trying to be a better person.

I guess someday I will find out if I succeed or not. Wish me luck. Thanks.

2 comments:

KayMac said...

Praying for you. Interested to hear the answers you will find to your ponderings.

jsi said...

I am praying for you. I requires an elevated level of courage to make this decision, good economy or not.
Self discovery and a journey - very poignant and wise.
Keep us posted on your journey - are you looking for an additional job right now?