Sunday, January 13, 2008

Eternity - The Story of Arthur Stace

Where do memories come from? Where do we get our thoughts? Does providence rule our progress through this life? Sometimes I think there are forces guiding my brain. This weekend I was reminded of a story I heard around the change of the millennium. I was surfing the web and came across the story of Mr. Eternity (http://www.greenplanet.com.au/eternity/eternity.htm). I should state that I consider myself spiritual not necessarily religious. I just never had much use for organized religion. But I think about eternity. I guess I write because I do. I want to leave something behind. I want my life to count for something. I want to know that I have touched someone's life. I just want my time on this planet to count for something. I want to leave the place a little better than I found it.

Someday I hope to organize all of my thoughts and, hopefully, we shall all be better off for it. Or at least then I could get some sleep.

D.




http://www.greenplanet.com.au/eternity/eternity.htm

No comments: